Hey guys! Happy Monday!
For this week I wanted to write an entire post dedicated to the concept of happiness. I wrote about my definition of success on last week’s post and how from now on, my level of success will be directly proportional to my degree of happiness.
But… What is happiness anyway?
Is it money? Is it tangible? Is it a job? Is it the same for everyone? No. Happiness is so subjective that it’s very hard to define. I believe that being happy is a state of mind, it’s more of a journey than a destination. Happiness is being grateful for what you have while working hard for what you want. We ask and ask for more all the time, but how do we intend to have more if we don’t appreciate what’s right in front of us? If you can’t handle what’s on your hands right now, how do you intend to hold something bigger?
“The moment you understand that happiness has nothing to do with your circumstance and everything to do with your ability to accept the things you are experiencing, that’s when everything changes”
Sometimes we have bad days, shit just happens, you know? But most times this “bad day” just consisted of five crappy minutes that we let ruin the whole day, and then based on this whole “bad day” we tell ourselves that we have a bad life. I’ve been there. It’s so easy to let a little bad moment ruin everything. That’s why I’m forcing myself to react immediately when these situations arise, because they do happen to all of us.
That’s why I came up with ten ways to practice ‘happiness’ every day. Out of these ten, I try to do at least five. Please notice that some of these are about others too. Sometimes making someone else happy, makes you happy.
- I smile, even if I have to fake it. Smile to a stranger, it’s pretty awesome when they smile back at you, or even better, because of you.
- I write down the things I am grateful for. This does not have to be anything deep, something as simple as your gratefulness for being able to find a seat on the train during rush our will do it.
- I read something inspirational. It doesn’t have to be a book or a Mother Teresa biography (But if you can you totally should!). It can be something as simple as a nice quote on Instagram or Pinterest that makes you think for a minute.
- I look up. Yes, I literally look up. It gives you a different perspective and it always makes me think about who’s looking from above. He knows better and He sees the bigger picture from up there. So you just gotta keep moving forward.
- I compliment other people. It works all the time! Do you have any idea of how many people go through life without being noticed? So go ahead and acknowledge someone, you never know how you can impact their day.
- I say good morning/night and thank you to my bus/train driver. Did you know that they have the highest rates of depression, hence suicide? Most people just ignore them and are mean to them. You have no idea how much of a difference it makes when you look at your bus/train driver in the eye and talk to them! They are bringing you home safe after all, don’t ever take that for granted.
- I call/text someone I love. Life gets busy and it’s very easy not to keep in touch with people you love. Sometimes a random text or call to an old friend, grandma, sibling, cousin, etc. becomes a conversation full of great memories, happiness and good vibes.
- I give myself a little pep talk in the morning. I used to be so so hard on myself, all the time and with everything. Now I’m like, so what? I’m only human, I make mistakes all the time. One day I just stopped beating myself and decided to start my day with 30 seconds of positivity and visualizing all the good things that would happen that day, and trust me, it made all the difference.
- I dress up nice. This has always worked for me and I’ve done it all my life. Maybe because I’ve always loved fashion, who knows? I just like to feel cute and hey, it’s an instant mood booster when other people complement you.
- I chose to be positive. I know this is so cliche, but seriously, there’s something good in everything! I repeat this phrase written by the famous Roman Emperor Marcus Aurelius: “The happiness of your life, depends on the quality of your thoughts”. So be positive!
Share with me, what does happiness look to you? And more important, do you consider yourself a happy person?
Quote to remember:
“When you love what you have, you have everything you need”
Thanks for stopping by and have an awesome (and happy!) week ahead!
OUTFIT PHOTOS – FIVE THINGS I PRACTICE DAILY TO KEEP MYSELF HAPPY
What a nice dress,maybe next time ,you can try Robes d’été this website.last month,i bought a dress the same to you,the quality is very good and the price is very low!!
Elena de Conjuntados.com says
¡Qué look tan ideal, me encanta!
Olga Gruzina says
It’s a good advice to those who thinks unpositevly!
And I agee with all you mention! Let’s stay positive and happy!
Are we twins? I Am so happy I read this today. Everything you listed above is basically what I do to help myself get through the day. I know I already said this earlier, but I truly love the way you write dear. Such a fantastic post. Thank you for that.
All my love,
Genesis Joly says
Love this. Quiero leer mas y maaaaaas about this theme!!
First let me say, I love your outfit. Those denims are amazing and you are the cutest in that hat! Second, your smile is absolutely infectious – I found myself smiling right along with you. Third, thank you so much for this awesome post. There was a point when I had a note with positive messages taped on my bathroom wall that I would repeat to myself every morning. I still repeat positive things in the morning but sometimes I do forget. So, because of this post, I’m going to put those messages back on the wall. You are a ray of light my dear. Thank you!
Great look dear ! Love your hat <3 xoxo Darya http://www.thebloomingbouquetstyle.com
I really love all your tips and suggestions! It’s really the simple things in life that can make us happy, mostly our attitude. :) I need to smile more this year and always rely on Him who is so faithful to us!
Such a beautiful post babe!!! Really enjoyed reading this article and the tips that you practice daily happiness. Love your outfit and pictures
Isha's verdict says
I enjoyed this post and your tips are a great reminder of the importance of working on being happy very single day! I make it a point to ‘wake up happy’ as well and remind myself to look at the glass as half full versus half empty every day. fashion blogging makes me really happy as well:)!
You truly are beautiful inside and out! I love your outlook on life and it definitely shows! I love to smile all the time too and completing other does go a long way indeed! Such a sweet post, dear! Hope to see you soon!
Love these wonderful tips that you shared! You look fabulous!
Thomas Falkenstedt says
Dear Aimara, this is exactly what I needed to read today. All these (if I have to choose a favorite, it’s number 4) I practice every day and it makes me a better person both inside and out. Never underestimate a smile, a friendly hello or a nice gesture. Why I needed it just today is because I haven’t been as good at following my own (and your) advice today as I’ve been a bit down, probably due to lack of sleep, but reading this made me appreciate what I have in life and made me smile big time again. Honestly I’m sitting here smiling, sweetie! :) Thank you so much!
thanks for sharing ☺️…I also have a routine to keep me positive and motivated.
I absolutely love your list of things you do to make you happy. It’s amazing that they are free and easy things to do. It goes to show how out minds are powerful and we make of it what we want. Your choices are great.
Morgan Ryan says
It’s amazing how simply putting on a smile and a great outfit can uplift your mood!
these tips are awesome for a more happy life!
Fash ‘n’ fudge
Fash ‘n’ fudge
Chardline Chanel-Faiteau says
Thank you for the tips! Going into 2017, there are definitely a few things I need to plan out but I never thought about my happiness.
And you are the cute! I also feel like dressing up can change your whole mood! It’s such a confidence builder! You look amazing!!!