I never thought I would make turkey breast every week, but after finding out how unhealthy the deli turkey breast I was buying every week is, I knew I could do it better.
It’s so easy to make and SO GOOD. You guys know I make G sandwiches, bagels or wraps for lunch every day, and after trying the sandwiches with homemade turkey and seeing how delicious they are, there was no turning back for us.
Note: The turkey breast they make at whole foods ‘in house’ is the same thing as this one, it’s super healthy. Also the one from Boards’ Head that’s salt free is also good. I just wanted to make that clear because not all of them are bad… BUT if you make it at home it will be more delicious and also way cheaper!
Anyways, you can use this turkey for wraps, bagels, sandwiches and salads when you need something fast. It takes 2 minutes to season, goes in the oven for aprox 55 mins (depending on the size) and it takes 10 minutes to slice. I make this every Sunday and we run out by Friday, so it lasts the whole week and you can include it on your meal prep.
Here’s what you’ll need:
- Half Turkey Breast. It usually comes with skin, and part of the bone. The skin you take off before you cook it and the bone you take off after so it’s easier to cut.
- Poultry Seasoning. The one I like is from Badia and I buy it on Amazon. I’ve never seen it in Chicago, but in Florida they sell it on every major grocery store. You can also season it with salt and pepper or whichever seasoning you like. Just make sure it’s low in sodium.
- Himalayan pink sea salt.
- Preheat the oven at 400 F.
- Cover the turkey breast (on both sides) with just a little bit of sea salt and A LOT of the poultry seasoning. It will look like this:
- Put in the oven for 30 mins, covered in foil. (It depends on the size of the turkey breast. This one was 1.8 pounds)
- After 30 minutes, remove the foil, lower the temperature to 350 and cook for 25 more minutes.
- Take it out of the oven and let it sit for about 10 mins. Cut in the middle to see if it’s completely cooked. It will look like this:
- Cut it in slices and keep it in the fridge. That’s it. You have turkey for the whole week! Healthy and delicious.
Living a healthy lifestyle can feel like a lot of work sometimes. It involves a lot of cooking, preparation, planning and sacrifice. I’m not going to lie. I love junk food and I wish I would eat pizza everyday without any consequences, and lets not even talk about going to the gym. I think I only really feel like going 2 days a month. Literally. But I go anyways. You need to be consistent and disciplined. And that goes for everything in life if you want to be successful.
I really hope these posts help you to start leaving healthier and better. Making little but permanent changes every week does make a HUGE difference and it’s exactly how I’ve been able to see all the changes I have seen over the past year. I encourage you to start thinking about how you want to look and feel when you are 60, 70, 80 and even 90! People worry so much about having money and saving for retirement, which of course is super important, but also start investing in your health. Your health comes first, and there’s nothing wrong to start thinking about the future when it comes to this.
I just felt like I had to share this LOL. Sorry for the super long goodbye.
Have a great rest of your week! If you make this recipe or have any questions please leave them in the comments below or email me. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog.
More healthy recipes? Check out these next:
- Detailed Revive Superfoods Review – Pros, cons and 50% discount
- The best and easiest healthy French toast recipe using cinnamon bread