Hello guys! How are you all doing?
What a year 2020 has been so far right!? I sure hope the worst is already behind us!
Today I wanted to share with you guys my journey with clear aligners. I promised to post about it when I first started using them and now that I finished a little over a month ago, I’m so excited to finally share the whole process with you and the final results!
On August 2019 I started my treatment with clear aligners with Love My Smile Chicago. Honestly, it was something I was considering doing, but between this and that, life got in the way and I just kept postponing it. Besides, I didn’t really feel like my teeth were THAT crooked… sure there was work to be done, but now that I look at my before/after photos I can really see the difference! Just look at that! And that’s not even the final result!
Isn’t that crazy!?
I am so happy with my smile now. I don’t know at what point my teeth started to move that much, especially the 2 front/upper ones. I feel so confident now and I can’t recommend clear aligners enough! And if you are in Chicago, Love my Smile in Lincoln Park is the place to go! Everyone there is so nice and professional. Dr Kitt is so knowledgeable and made the whole process so much easier for me. Since they understand this a big investment in yourself, they offer super flexible payment plans which are interest free!!
My treatment lasted around 8 months and throughout my journey, I wrote down some things, which I hope will help you if you decide to start:
- First day of each tray is always a little uncomfortable, so make sure to always start a new tray at night. I once started new ones in the morning and my teeth felt sensitive and I got a headache. If you do this at night, you won’t feel a thing!
- Never wrap your aligners in a napkin LOL (it’s really easy to throw them in the trash this way).
- You have to wear your aligners all day and take them out when you are going to eat, so this really helps with nonsense snacking. Why? Well because you think about it twice before taking them off to eat. I know I skipped a few unnecessary (and mostly unhealthy) snacks in the middle of the day!
- In my experience, my teeth moved pretty fast at the beginning, which was so encouraging for me to keep going 🙂
- You can barely notice the aligners when you’re wearing them. I’m wearing them in most of my Instagram posts since last August and you can’t even notice them!
- Last but not least, after you are done with your treatment you will have to wear retainers at night to keep your teeth from moving again. Teeth move and it’s perfectly normal, so by wearing your retainers every night after you are done with treatment you will keep that perfect smile forever!
I hope this post helps you decide whether or not clear aligners are for you. I know it’s a big investment but it’s completely worth it and as I mentioned earlier, Love My Smile Chicago has great payment plans too. Also, they are being extremely careful with COVID-19 and also offer online consultations. (just know that eventually you do have to physically go to there to get your X-rays).
Oh and of course, here’s the photo of the final result. I love my smile so much now 🙂
Anyways, if you have any questions please leave them below! I’m here to help. You can also email me at firstname.lastname@example.org 🙂
Thanks so much for stopping by and please stay safe out there!