How to create looks with a one-piece bathing suit… I didn’t even know this was possible until I was forced to. You see, I live out of a carry-on bag while traveling the world full-time with my husband, so there are definitely things I learn while I do life on the road. And creating looks with the best one piece bathing suit I’ve ever own was one of them!
So, let me teach you how to do this too so you can maximize every single piece you have in your closet. I’ve done this a lot over the past 3 years.
Ready? Let’s dive into how to create looks with a one-piece bathing suit!
First: The Best One-Piece Bathing Suits For Women
I LOVE one-piece bathing suits! They are so flattering and comfortable and I really like the fact that they can also double as body suits, as I recently discovered.
Since 2021, I’ve been traveling the world full time and I recently downgraded to a carry-on bag (it’s just easier to travel lighter) and for every single trip that involves any kind of beach activity, I have brought the same one piece bathing suit!
Let me introduce you to the brand Summersalt! I love all their stuff. From cover-ups, pajamas, loungewear and of course, bathing suits.
This is the one I’ve had for 3+ years and it is the same one I wear today. It is still in great shape, I love the way it fits, the print, the design… EVERYTHING! If you’re thinking about which one-piece bathing suit would be a great investment, look no further. Just look how cute the back is!
Sizing info: I’d say they run slightly small, so if you’re in between sizes definitely size up.
I am 5 4′ and weigh about 132 lbs and I wear size 4. It can be tight at times. But that depends on which country I’m at and how good the food is LOL :)
In the end, it all depends on how what type of fit you prefer. They have inclusive sizing, and different options for many body types. They always consider chest size and back coverage. So seriously, check this page and I’m sure you’ll find the perfect fit for you!
I am very curvy and my hips don’t lie. I really love how it hugs my curves and holds everything where it should be and that’s why they have my vote for the most flattering one piece bathing suits! 🏆
One more thing…
They also have the best cover-ups! They are an investment, but I promise they’re worth it. I’ve also had this cover-up for over 3 years and it still is in GREAT shape. Plus, it’s great for traveling because it doesn’t wrinkle!! (I use size SM)
How To Pick The Right One-Piece Bathing Suit For You?
If you’re thinking about which one to get and want to choose one that makes creating the most outfits an easy breezy process, consider the following:
- What type of bottom pieces are you bringing with you?
- For what type of occasions would you wear your one-piece as a body suit? (hikes, beach, pool, restaurants, going out, etc)
- What is your main color palette for the trip?
- What colors/prints are the potential bottom pieces you can pair your one-piece bathing suit with?
I chose black and white for mine because I mostly travel with neutrals. Most of the colors I travel with are black, white, dark green and light denim.
Other Posts You May Also Enjoy:
- The 7 Seven Pieces I Always Have In My Suitcase!
- What To Pack For A Beach Vacation
- How To Build A Minimalist Wardrobe
Outfit Formulas – How To Create Looks With a One-Piece Bathing Suit:
The outfits formulas to follow to create cute looks with your one-piece bathing suit are super easy to follow!
You can wear your one-piece with skirts and shorts. Mini, midi or maxi skirts AND any shorts you have. It always looks great with denim shorts. You can’t go wrong!
Here are some outfits I’ve created over the past 3 years :)
See? It’s super easy.
If you want to do this for your next trip or any upcoming beach/pool visit, here are some things to remember:
- If you’re bathing suit is printed, keep it simple with the bottom piece.
- Don’t forget you can print mix too! Just make sure top and bottom have a color in common.
- Try to pick a one-piece that has some kind of detail. A lower back, ruffle sleeves, etc. Have fun with it!
- When you’re deciding which one-piece to get, also think of it as a body suit.
- Remember you can style it as a body suit to go out at night as well.
- Never underestimate the power of cute accessories to elevate ANY look!
Why I Like To Create Looks With A One-Piece Bathing Suit:
As I mentioned earlier, I live out of a carry-on bag, so that means I have very limited outfit options. But guys, I still like to look cute while I’m traveling. It’s just my personal style.
These are the main reasons why I like to do this, and encourage you to do the same:
- You’re basically ready to go from the beach to a restaurant, or to explore the city. (this is when having the right accessories comes into play!)
- Who doesn’t want to create more looks with less!? It’s a great feeling knowing you are maximizing every single piece you’re spending money on.
- It allows me to travel with less. I really love minimalist traveling, so by packing the right one-piece bathing suit and the right bottom pieces, I know I’ll be able to create many more looks with things I already have in my suitcase.
Want My Minimalist Packing Advice & Lists For FREE?
I have created a couple of FREE resources to help you do this as well. All you have to do is add your name and email to the links below 👇🏼
- Beach Vacation Packing List ⛱️
- Top Travel Styling Tips & Carry-On Packing List ✈️
- Our Top Picks & Packing Essentials (Me & My Husband’s) 👫🏻
*feel free to grab ALL 3 of them – they’re going to help you travel with less for sure!*
My Favorite Summersalt Pieces Right Now:
What did you think? Is this something you’ve tried before? Did you even know it was possible?
I truly hope it helps you think outside the box. I love helping you maximize what’s in your closet and to travel light of course. Living with less is the absolute best!
If you have any questions or comments, don’t hesitate to leave them below. I’m always happy to help.
Also, if you want to connect with me and learn more about our digital nomad lifestyle, follow us on Instagram! We’re super active in there sharing traveling advice, FREE travel guides about almost every place we visit and general advice on how to travel better and more often!
Thanks so much for reading! Until next time :)
About the author:
Hi, my name is Aimara and I am the voice behind this Ways of Style. I was born and raised in Venezuela until the age of 27 when I moved to Chicago and years later I met my best friend and husband. We now travel full time and live out of a carry-on bag, so believe me, I know a thing or two about how to maximize every single piece you own.
I love creating new looks, and looking cute while I’m traveling. And in this blog, I try to share all my looks, even if I don’t have the best photos ;) My goal is to help you maximize every piece you have in your closet and to encourage you to live with less things.
Other Minimalist Style Posts You May Like:
- The 15 Best Travel Essentials For Women
- My Top 5 Outfit Formulas For Traveling
- Stylish And Comfy Airport Outfits