I started thinking about this post when I was in Charleston. It’s usually when I disconnect and step away for a little bit, where I can see things clearly. I’m not going to lie to you… I cried a lot. But tears always seem to help me understand things better. Sometimes I just have to let out all my anger and sadness and whatever else I’m feeling in order to create some space in my mind for new ways and ideas.
One night when I was talking about what to do with my blog with G, he asked me; what are you passionate about?
I started crying like a baby. I couldn’t think of anything. Even though I couldn’t answer that question right away, it made me think about the things I really like and are passionate about. It took me a little while to find the answer I was looking for.
It was hard because we have our goal to save money for our trip around the world for 2 years, and that’s where our minds are most of the time and I feel like it’s part of our purpose, but what to do before that happens? I didn’t want to go through life just waiting and not savoring and enjoying what I have right now.
I read a lot, looked at all of the articles I wrote since the beginning on this blog and one day, after giving it a lot of thought it hit me.
I started this blog when I was learning English and saw it as a way to practice my writing, but I also had the intention of letting things out… Things like emotions and feelings I didn’t know how to get out of me, that I didn’t know how to express otherwise and it was with the intention of helping people. In my head, if somehow I could be raw and honest about my feelings and put them on the internet, maybe just maybe, someone going through something hard or similar would relate and feel less lonely. That’s what I want to go back to.
So, based on that, my first passion is to inspire others. Not only in a spiritual way, but also in all of the other aspects of their lives. From clothing and beauty brands that are doing great things, support other women going after their dreams, to eat healthy and live healthy lives. Does this make sense?
I’m also working on a blog post to be super clear about brands or business you will NOT see here, but for now, what to expect moving forward?
- Feature more women owned businesses: It won’t be exclusively this, but it will be prioritized more in this space. I’ve even started to reach out to some women owned brands and companies to start working together already, so stay tuned for that.
- Talk more about sustainability: I have not been great at this. I’ve posted so much about fast fashion and brands that are just completely irresponsible… I feel awful and I need to make up for that. It wasn’t until recently that I started learning about how bad these companies are for the world we live in, so now I feel responsible for sharing what I’ve learned so you can make more informed decisions.
- Relationships. I would love to share more about my relationship with Gordon. I am very proud of what we have and it has taken a lot of hard work, but I’d love to share more in order to help you figure out what you want out of your relationships and to not settle because you’re afraid of being alone.
- Personal Growth: I want to share more about the things I try to do to be a happier, more grateful and kind person. It doesn’t come natural to me. It takes a lot of hard work, but it’s possible, so I want to share more so you give it a try too.
- Ways of Style different pieces (but in a new way): Stay tuned for this one ;). I’ll still do the traditional posts with 10 looks, but I’m trying another approach too, to make it more useful to you and your day to day life.
- Safe beauty: This one is hard because I love so many products that have a lot of bad ingredients and that still test on animals… It’s so bad. But right now I’m trying brands that are cruelty free and I intend to share the ones I like. I am determined to make the switch. I’m not throwing anything out because that’s a waste, but I am only buying cruelty free brands moving forward so that’s a start. I’ve also asked the brands that send me stuff to please stop sending product if they test on animals.
- Health in general and healthy recipes: I feel like I’ve started to do this more on my stories and I intend to continue. I just want to teach you how to eat more at home and show you how easy it can be.
- Hopefully partner with brands that I will take in my suitcase when we leave for our trip around the world. Honestly, I’m not sure of how I will be able to keep my blog running when I’m away for 2 years changing addresses every single week, so I’ve given it a lot of thought about the brands I will be bringing with me on that trip. I’ve worked with a few already, but I’m being more active in contacting new brands from now, in order to start building a relationship with them.
I’m doing my best to organize myself and have been working really hard behind the scenes to make this happen! It’s more work that you would think of, but I’m slowly getting there and I’m finally feeling super motivated!
Anyways, thanks for reading this far. You have no idea how much I value your love and support! Hope you like what’s coming next.
Thanks so much for stopping by,