Hello loves! Happy Friday! YAY!
How was your week? I personally loved this week because it was a short one, but also, short weeks are usually the crazy ones, because somehow you have to fit 5 days of work into 4.
Whenever that happens, it messes up with my routine a little bit, especially my night time one. I’ve talked about my terrible sleeping habits in the past (check the post here) and how hard I’m working to become a better sleeper in order to have more productive days. First, it was the mattress, and now I’m adding the sheets and the comfiest, softest and coziest duvet cover from Serena & Lily.
Also, how cute is little Toto in the cover photo? I usually don’t sleep with him because of allergies but every once in a while, he has that cute face on and just jumps on my bed and I can’t say no! He’s just so cute and warm that I can’t resist to cuddle with him.
Back to the original point of this post… it’s very important to have a good bedtime routine and not just for kids, but us adults, tend not to give it the importance that it deserves. So, without further ado, these are the things that have personally worked for me and I suggest you to try for a better night sleep:
- Make your bed comfy. For me, personally I need to have a cute comfy bed that just calls my name every night. Luxury bedding from Serena & Lily plays a BIG role on this one for sure.
- Try a 5-minute meditation session. This is something I’ve been trying to incorporate to my daily routine and it really works miracles. Meditating is very relaxing and it helps a lot when you’re trying to clear up your mind, which is a very important thing to master before going to bed.
- Keep a gratitude journal. I’ve talked about this in the past (Check the post here), and I still believe it’s super important to be able to count our blessings at the end of each day. Trust me, no matter how long or bad a day may seem, there’s always something to be grateful for.
- Take a long warm bath. OK, I know this one is hard to do every night, but I totally recommend doing this after a rough, long day. Light up some candles, put on some classical music on and just sit and relax in your bathtub with some nice bath salts. You’ll feel like a million bucks after.
- Snuggle with your pup. If you don’t have a dog, do it with your cat, and if you don’t have a pet, just borrow one LOL! This one is my favorite because my pup is so warm and he likes to snuggle on my stomach and I just LOVE it!
- Enjoy a 10-minute read. This one is particularly hard for me, because I love watching TV before going to bed and my TV is not in my room. I’m still working on making this a habit because I always feel great after a good, inspiring read. These are some of the books I’m obsessing with lately:
I’m not gonna lie though. I still have the occasional night where I fall asleep on my couch and wake up with a back ache and in a terrible mood. That’s why I’m trying really hard to do, as much & as often as I can, all the things I described above.
Of course a comfy bed with luxury bedding never hurt anyone 😉
Make sure to check out Serena & Lily and their Duvet Covers. Mine is the Priano Duvet Cover in Fog and it’s super cute on both sides! Use my code DUVETLOVE-WOS for a 15% off. (Code is valid for one week only!)
How about you? Do you have a night time routine? Share it with me in the comments below! Maybe there’s something I can add to mine 🙂
Thank you so much for stopping by and have a lovely weekend!
*Brought to you by Serena & Lily. All opinions, experience and advice are of course my own. Thank you for supporting sponsored opportunities on WOS.